Tuesday, December 10, 2013

31 Albums From 2013: Day 10


Being a big fan of both The Deftones and Isis, naturally I was excited when I heard members of the two bands have started a new project. After some thought, I began to grow a little worried about what the final product would be. The style of Isis was a bit droney and drawn out, but the aggressive vocals always kept the energy there. Chino is one of my favorite vocalists but he has also been known to do some stuff that was a bit lacking in energy, like his side project Sleep City, so the combination of the two concerned me a bit. After a full listen of the album, I do have to say it's a bit, well, boring. It is still good and I often listen to it as background music, but I won't be blasting it in the car anytime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment