Friday, December 27, 2013

31 Albums From 2013: Day 27


I fell in love with Karnivool later than I wished I had. I knew of them for years but didn't know much about them until their last album 'Sound Awake', which blew me away. Since then, I've spent a lot of time listening to their back catalog and hearing how they have progressed over the years. With each of their releases being very different than their last, I didn't expect anything less from this years release, 'Asymmetry', and I was right. The song writing is even more mature, creating atmospheric sounds that pull you in and won't let you go until the final note. The song 'We Are' is by far one of their best yet and also has one of the best videos of the year as well. One that fits with the song perfectly and tells a story that makes me wish a movie was made out of it. Press play and thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment